There are so many claims and misconceptions that people were made to believe about pricing a web design service. But how do we say if the price quote for a particular web design and development services are true? Or the better and more suitable question to ask then is this: How much should web design cost you?
One common misconception about pricing is that when the website is priced higher, the client would receive better results. Wrong! This is not always the case and dishonest web companies who overcharge their clients with unnecessary web design cost. Given this very confusing issue then, companies must make sure that they get a reputable website designer.
How to Calculate Website Design Cost?
The general assumption about pricing a website project is that it must depend on the level of improvement that the project can bring for being effective and capable of building your brand, generating revenues minus the need for technical maintenance person. And when there is a need for additional labour and skills of a website master, the amount that your company will pay should not be exorbitant for a skill that only a new hire or a third party can perform.
On a more technical level, the features that should be present in any good website will be factors in determining web design cost. These include a powerful domain name, a website hosting package and a suitable theme or custom design. Remember that these three are not enough warranty that you can launch an effective and engaging website. Often, it takes much more than these elements because standard or generic templates are often not suitable when you are striving to get a unique identity for your website. You will also receive substantial help and support from a specialist or professional web designer.
Specific Factors Involved in Calculating Web Design Cost
There are more specific items that you should count when evaluating a price quote submitted to you by your prospective or chosen web design studio. These are:
• Will you want your designer to simply update your existing website? Does the update include creating new graphics, templates and images or a wholesale redesign of your website?
• Does your marketing team intend to update the site soon after it gets launch that is why you will want to have content management system included?
• How much content you need on your new website?
• Are you tapping the web designer for a regular maintenance service? Will you prefer a monthly billing based on specific services delivered or as part of a web design package?
While you might not thought of specific services at first, during or in the succeeding stages of web design, you might consider adding few vital features but surely an additional to the web design cost. They are:
• Search engine optimization of the on-page and off-page sites
• Email addresses for your domain
• Newsletter marketing
• News content feeds for and adding new content content to your site on a monthly basis
• Social media integration, and more
Calculating web design cost will entail from you a conscious understanding of website maintenance. The latter is an important key to get your desired results although they are offered at an extra rate.